Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Mill

There's a church in Colorado Springs that has a great 20 Somethings Ministry. Of course being only about 45 minutes away I had to check it out. I was originally going to head over there by myself but Michele wanted to come with me. She had been before and loved it. She also said she never wanted to leave. The drive was pretty....except for the rain. It has rained almost every day since I have arrived. Thankfully it is supposed to stop by Tuesday. The web says that the service is supposed to start at 7pm, but it's a lie. LOL They were luring us there early to fellowship and drink coffee. Ah yes, lots of Starbucks, pop, and a table of breads, brownies and bagels were available..for free. Over 100 people of all ages show up to this thing. The music is by the Desperation Band. Holly uses some of their songs with Ignite. ("From You" is one of them). I loved it! The speaker talked about Grace. During his message he used a flannel board. It took me back to my Sunday School days. He tried to say they were coming back in style. How hilarious! What was even funnier was before he spoke they played an announcement video and at the end of it the guys did their own music video to Backstreet Boys "As Long as You Love Me". I so wish I had it to send to you guys. I'm still laughing. As it turns out we came the same night as their "Welcome Shindig". At this "thing" we met two girls about my age and talked to them for awhile. We were all hungry so we went to eat together at the Village Inn (it reminded me of a Denny's/IHOP kind of place but better).
Michele, Debbie, Sarah & Me :o)

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Holy cow! It's Stephanie Wasmundt!!! Can I just say how incredibly happy I was when I received your message! :) I looked for your email address, but didn't see one. What has taken you out to Colorado? How did you find me? I messaged Holly on MySpace about getting in touch with you, but never heard back. I wasn't sure she remembered me!! :) Well, email me so we can talk! My email is Tracie at Godchasers . net

So good to hear from you!! :)

Tracie