Sunday, July 02, 2006

Day of exploring


When the day started, I was super cranky. Lack of sleep, good food and a few other things combined caused me to be that way. Denver wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I thought nature would be right outside my door. Not that the mountain view isn't wonderful. So, with this being said, after a good lunch (Yay!) we headed towards the mountains. We just kept driving until I saw a road going up a hill. I was determined to find this road b/c I thought it would be so fun to drive it. It was a twisty/turny kind of road. We finally came to a parking lot by this fun center. They had a ferris wheel and little shops, etc... At that point I realized that I wouldn't be able to get to this road. I was really bummed as I sat just staring at this road. All of a sudden I realize there is movement on this road...but it's not a car. I turned to Courtney and said "It's not a road, it's a slide!!" That was funny. So, of course we went on the slide. We had to take this little rickety ski lift up to the top of the hill (pictured below) and there were these little carts that we took to slide down. Mine was a little slow, other than that it was great. After that experience we drove around and found lookout mountain. It was pretty there. I have some pictures below of that as well. Oh and we also saw Buffalo Bill's grave site if that's anything. That evening we met up with Christy and her husband for dinner. The end of a beautiful day :o) Ps..if you can't tell..it's a baby deer below. So cute!


No comments: