Wednesday, September 13, 2006

What's the Dilly Schmilly?

These past few weeks have been crazy! I moved into my apartment Saturday and have been doing furniture shopping galore. It's wierd because I like it and I don't...the furniture shopping that is. I like being able decorate but when you can't find what you're looking for it's frustrating. Work is going well. I've been working from my hotel/apartment since I arrived because my office isn't completely set up yet. Hopefully by Monday I'll be able to get in.

I met a girl at the pool one day and we've been hanging out sometimes. She's only here until the end of September. Last night I went with her and some of her colleagues to a baseball game. As if I haven't gone to enough this summer right? I was actually very disappointed when we walked in and found out their dome doesn't open. I thought I had heard of indoor stadiums where their roof opened. I felt like I was watching the game on tv....which I don't like to do. Part of the fun of baseball for me is being outside, not closed in a bubble. I don't think I paid very much attention to the game at all. After thinking about it I figured it's probably best that they have an air conditioned stadium for the at least 100 degree weather. It probably wouldn't be so fun to sit out in the hot hot sun and fry to death.

There's not much else going on here. Just trying to find a good church and some fun stuff to do. I am starting to find my way around pretty well so that's a plus. Hope everyone is doing well. Miss u guys!

2 comments:

cltgrace said...

Good to hear from you! How nice to shop for furniture & decorate with someone else's money! Have fun, girlie. Miss you~

Anonymous said...

Glad you're moved in. (I) Pray you get the furniture you want and that you find a good church. Amen. Holla.