Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Copper Mountain Fun

Copper Mountain is a lovely ski resort community. During the summer they have activities such as rock climbing, go karts, boating, and more. What originally peaked my interest about the place was that they have something called a "Diggler" that you ride down the mountain. Come to find out the diggler is an off road scooter...to me it's like a skate board on larger wheels with a handle bar and brakes. What a ride! We took the ski lift up to about 11,000 feet and rode the scooter all the way down. It was so much fun. The first time we went down it took longer because we were stopping along the way to take pictures etc... but the second time went by way to fast. You're pretty much coasting the whole way. It's bumpy but the first time you don't really feel it. At least I didn't. I think I felt every bump the 2nd time around because my body was worn out from everything else I had been doing.

We climbed a real rock. I'm saying that b/c I've only ever done rock climbing on those fake walls with the grooves in it for your feet. This was the real deal and I was so proud of myself because I made it to the top. It took me about 5-7 minutes. Emily was like spider man crawling up the wall. She's a pro...well semi pro. The quad jump was fun (that's the contraption that has you hooked to bungee cords and you jump on a trampoline). The guy had me flying....and I mean flying in the air. He wouldn't let me off until I did a flip so I overcame my initial fears and pulled off 2 or 3. Woo hoo! Let's see...what else did we do? Oh yes, we did bumper boats (we felt like we were 12 again) and wow did we get soaked. I didn't know they had super soakers built into the things. After that we rode the go karts to dry off. It was a generic track which was one circle.

After about 4 hours of non-stop activity we headed home. I was beat. What an exhilarating day! I almost forgot to tell you about the drive there. It was beautiful. Remember I said the drive to the Springs was pretty? Well that was trash in comparison to this. I didn't know any better. Mountains were on every side of us. I would love to live in one of the little mountain towns...probably super expensive. I don't think I can adequately describe what it was like so I guess I will leave it to your imaginations. If I hadn't been driving I would've taken more pictures. Maybe next time :o)

No comments: