Monday, December 10, 2007

Ice Storm 2007

That's what they're calling it on the news. They say it will probably go down in the history books as one of the worst in Oklahoma. It started early early Sun. morning and is expected to continue until tomorrow where the temperatures will hopefully be above freezing so the rain that we'll have thru Wed. doesn't freeze and we can get on with things.

Apparently, Oklahoma has been declared in a state of emergency due to all of the power outages, etc... More than 405,000 people are without power. The largest amount in the histroy of the state. I was supposed to work Target yesterday and today but called in both days b/c I didn't want to have to make the 20-30 mile trek on the highways. I almost wish I was there now as my power just went out about fifteen minutes ago.

My car was frozen over with layers and layers of ice. It took me about an hour to clean it off. Who knows what it will look like when I go to it again, but at least I got a start on it so it wouldn't be so awful tomorrow.

Anyways, now that I'm officially bored and don't know what to do without power, I'll bid you adieu.

Ah...the crazy life of OK. I hear they don't get much snow...just ICE!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow Steph! Sound awful. Why don't you try to get yourself out of there now! :) When are you coming anyway?